Punishment for flying in the pits area!
1. No person may use the facilities of the club unless they are:-
A) A fully paid up member
B) Not in suspension
C) A potential new member who is invited for a compulsory three flying days by agreement with the committee. This person will have temporary BMFA insurance under the rules of the BMFA.
2. Helicopters shall be flown on 35 MHz or 2.4 GHz spread spectrum.
3. The pegboard system shall always be used for flyers using 35 Mhz, and all members to call out their channel number before switching on their transmitter.
4. All flying and ground operations are to be carried out in a safe and sensible manner with due regard for all those present. The safe flying code as outlined by the BMFA is to be observed at all times.
5. Model engines will meet the codes of practice on noise emissions as determined by the BMFA handbook. Engine's not meeting the code will be barred from operation until they comply with current recommendations. The noise level of all models will be checked and recorded by the club Safety Officer. If any alterations are made that affect the models noise level, then the model should be submitted for a further test. PLEASE NOTE THE MAXIMUM NOISE LEVEL NOT TO EXCEED 82db
6. The pit area is maintained as a no fly area. Helicopter's to be carried out to a safe distance before takeoff, after pre-flight checks have been carried out as outlined by the BMFA. On landing engine's are to be stopped before returning to the pit area.
7. Pilot's are to stand well apart, especially when landing a model.
8. Do not over fly people, livestock, vehicles or the pit area. Any pilot attempting new complex manoeuvres for the first time should be flying away from the pits area.
9. Avoid over flying other transmitters as this can cause loss of control of aircraft.
10. PARKING: Car's are to be kept by the fence next to the club hut; unless the field is too muddy, then cars should be parked sensibly in the car park.
DO NOT PARK ON THE LANE IF THIS PREVENTS OTHER VEHICLES FROM PASSING
11. SAFETY: Safety is every member's responsibility. This also applies to air worthiness of the model and all reasonable precautions shall be taken to ensure that helicopter's are maintained in a safe flying condition.
12. All committee members must declare their intention to continue in post for the next year prior to the AGM. If any committee member wishes to relinquish their position at any time during the year, or it is felt they are no longer performing the role they’re appointed to, every effort will be made to appoint a replacement, with a ballot of members if more than one member wishes to take over the role.
13. Flying time's will be-
Monday - Sunday 11:00 - 20:00hrs or dusk
CHRISTMAS DAY NO FLYING!!!!!
No fixed wing aircraft to be flown at any time on the club's site.
Models equipped for night flying may be flown after dusk with the following restrictions:
You must be accompanied by another club member or other responsible adult. Maximum model size for night flying is 600 size electric or 50 size nitro. All flying to end by 20:00hrs. In the event of a crash every effort must be made to retrieve all broken parts from the field, but as this may prove difficult in the darkness, the member must return in daylight hours to ensure no debris is left on the field.
14. During very sunny days, when the sun is directly into the pilot’s eyes, you may, with the agreement of all members present, rotate the normal flight path through 180 degrees and fly up and down the width of the field as opposed to up and down the length of the field. Or at certain times of the year, pilots may stand to the west of the flight path in order to prevent having to fly directly towards the sun. Whenever these flight paths are in use, you must close the entrance gate to the field, and display a notice on the gate to that effect in order to inform any newly arriving members.
15. The BMFA member's hand book shall be referred to for guidelines and shall be enforced by the club and supplemented where appropriate by the club rules.
16. It is the responsibility of the last member flying to lock the club hut and close the gate(s) where necessary.
17. Any junior member must be accompanied on the field by a parent/guardian/carer and the welfare of the junior member remains their responsibility.
It shall be the right of the committee to supplement or amend the rules as the need arises and without prior notice to its member's. Any revised rules will be posted on the club hut notice board.
THE RULES OF THE CLUB SHALL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL CLUB MEMBER'S.
ACCEPTANCE OF MEMBERSHIP SHALL BE DEEMED TO IMPLY ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES AND CONTINUATION OF MEMBERSHIP SHALL BE DEPENDANT UPON THEM.
If any problems arise regarding access to flying site or any conflict with members of the public:
Contact Club Chairman